Things To Know About Porcelain Laminated Veneer
What is Laminated Veneer?
It is a type of aesthetic coating applied to eliminate the conditions that can negatively affect both the smile and psychology of the person, such as collision, color loss, fracture in the teeth. Two different materials can be used in Laminated Venneer veneers. These are veneers that can be obtained from porcelain or composite material. In this article, we will talk about porcelain veneer.
Porcelain laminate veneers can be used to correct the following conditions:
- Teeth discoloration or staining: Porcelain veneers can restore the natural whiteness of the teeth or provide the desired color of teeth.
- Irregularities in the shape and size of the teeth: Porcelain laminate veneers can be used to correct the shape of the teeth, to close small tooth gaps or to improve the proportion of the teeth.
- Broken or cracked teeth: Porcelain laminate veneers both improve the aesthetic appearance and increase the durability of the tooth by covering broken or cracked teeth.
- Alignment of teeth: Slight crowding or gaps between teeth can be corrected with porcelain veneers.
In which situations should porcelain laminate veneers not be applied?
- Lack of enough enamel tissue
- Poor oral hygiene
- Gum problem
- Closing disorders
- Excessive tooth alignment disorders
- Movements such as clenching, grinding, chewing and breaking hard objects
Is etching done on the tooth surface in porcelain laminate veneers?
Whether or not the tooth surface will be etched is determined according to the needs of the patient.
Excessive discoloration of the teeth, collisions, large and long teeth are the conditions that need to be worn on the teeth.
Laminate veneer can be applied without any abrasion from the teeth in cases such as the back position of the teeth, small teeth, slight discoloration or preservation of the existing color, spaces between the teeth.
What should be considered after porcelain laminate veneers are made?
- Take care of oral hygiene: Maintain the habits of brushing, flossing and mouthwash at least twice a day.
- Go to your dentist for regular checkups: Your dentist will assess the condition of the veneers, clean and, if necessary, detect and treat any problems early.
- Avoid hard or sticky foods: Porcelain laminate veneers are durable, but overly hard or sticky foods can damage teeth and increase the risk of veneers cracking or breaking.
- Control teeth grinding or clenching habits: Teeth grinding or clenching can damage porcelain laminate veneers. If you have such a habit, talk to your dentist about this and take the necessary precautions.
- Be wary of heavy impacts: Consider wearing a protective mouthguard, especially if you’re involved in sports or activities that risk a serious blow to your teeth or jaw.
- Do not clamp or open your teeth frequently: Clamping your teeth with pencils, nails or similar objects or opening and closing the teeth can damage the veneers.
- Do not smoke and limit alcohol consumption: Smoking and excessive alcohol consumption can cause discoloration or staining of porcelain laminate veneers. You can protect your veneers by staying away from them.
Following your dentist’s recommendations and maintaining regular oral care after having your porcelain laminate veneers will help you achieve a long-lasting and healthy result.
Do laminates have a certain expiration date?
Since each patient’s situation is different, how long porcelain laminate veneers will last may vary from person to person. Your dentist will consider these factors when determining the most appropriate treatment option for you and evaluating the durability of veneers.
Get Free Quote:
If you want to get detailed information about our dental treatments, you can contact us by filling out our consultation form or you can get information directly from our whatsapp line: +905443480787 Our doctors will plan the most appropriate treatment for you and provide detailed information.